Ciao Explorers 🙂
This week I’m making a special “upcoming events” post where we run till the end of August, so you can have a panoramic of all the “month fun” 😉
Hope you are enjoying Malta and if you have any suggestion for events around your area, please just let me know and I will update the post.
Big Festas to celebrate Our Lady of Assumption to not miss on the 15th, in particular in Mosta they celebrate greately!
So let’s have a look and Explore, Experience and Enjoy Malta with Flora the Explorer!
THURSDAY 10TH OF AUGUST
- Maltese Nights at Valletta Waterfront Take in the scenic Grand Harbour views and re-live traditional Malta at Valletta Waterfront every Thursday evening till the 28th of September, 2017 at 8.00pm. Activities include traditional folk dancing, falconry displays, “terramaxka” (street organ) music, artisan market stalls, as well as duelling parades between the Knights of St. John and the Ottoman Turks, amongst other activities. Free entrance to all the events! For more info, click here
FRIDAY 11 TH AUGUST
- Rock The Rock Music Festival 2017 is upon us!From Friday to Sunday 12th of August, Ta Qali Road, Ta’ Qali, from 5.00pmIt is no exaggeration to say that Rock The Rock is the biggest Rock and Metal festival in Malta. For its first edition we’ve gone big and we’ve gone bold in order to ensure that Rock The Rock 2017 is an edition which no true Rock and Metal Music fan will miss! For more info, please click here
MONDAY 14TH AUGUST
- Fireworks Spectacular – St.Mary Mqabba, at 9:30 PM – 12 AM
Special fireworks show for the FESTA TITULARI SANTA MARIJA MQABBA (started on the 30 July till 22 August). Visit Mqabba during the feast and enjoy all the decorations, Music, Joyous Celebrations, Fireworks, Colors, Devotion. This and much more during a Feast which evolved throughout the years but keept it’s traditional aspect. For more info, click here
- Santa Marija Feast in Mosta
Mosta during the feast is marvellous, go there and enjoy all the athmosphere that the Mosta Comunity can give! Incredible fireworks the feast is already started till the 15th of August.
RELIGIOUS FEASTS ON 15TH OF AUGUST
- Santa Marija Ħ’Attard, tel. 21434949
- Santa Marija Birkirkara, tel. 21448026
- Santa Marija Għaxaq, tel. 21892004
- Santa Marija Gudja, tel. 21696039
- Santa Marija Mosta, tel. 21433826
- Santa Marija Mqabba, tel. 21649306
- Santa Marija Qrendi, tel. 21649395
- Santa Marija Rabat, Gozo, tel. 21554101
SATURDAY 19TH OF AUGUST
- Joseph Calleja 20th Anniversary Concert at 8:30 PM – 11:59 PM
The Joseph Calleja 20th Anniversary concert will be held on the 19th August 2017 at The Granaries in Floriana with the participation of the Malta Philharmonic Orchestra and the BOV Joseph Calleja Children’s Choir. 2017 marks the 20th Anniversary of Joseph Calleja’s public debut in the world of opera. To commemorate this occasion, NnG Promotions are proud to announce world renowned tenor Andrea Bocelli as special guest for the annual Joseph Calleja Concert. For more info click here
RELIGIOUS FEASTS ON SUNDAY THE 20TH OF AUGUST
- Santa Elena Birkirkara, tel. 21444725
- Santa Marija Ħad-Dingli, tel. 21454634
- San Leonardu Ħal Kirkop, tel. 21829572
- Santa Marija Mġarr, tel. 21572578
- Madonna ta’ Lourdes Paola, tel. 21695081
- Stella Maris Sliema, tel. 21334941
- Santa Marija Żebbuġ, tel. 21554882
THURSDAY 24TH AUGUST
- Malta Mediterranean Literature Festival 2017
The XIIth edition of the Malta Mediterranean Literature Festival organized by Inizjamed will be held on Thursday 24th, Friday 25th and Saturday 26th August, at Fort St Elmo, in Valletta, at 8.00pm. Twelve writers from eight countries are reading in the festival, which also features Maltese and foreign poetry films, Maltese jazz bands, a book stall, a book binding stand, drinks and food. Entrance to all events is free. The pre-Festival events start on Sunday 20 August 2017. Readings will be mostly in Maltese and English, but some works will also be read in their original language. For the Festival Programme, click here
FRIDAY 25TH AUGUST
- Summer Carnival 2017 in St Paul’s Bay till Saturday 26th.
What a great occasion for your kids to have lots of fun at the Malta Summer Carnival in St Paul’s Bay 🙂
- Malta Summer Carnival in Marsaskala on Sunday, 27th of August.
THUESDAY 29TH AUGUST
- The Hard Rock Cafe Mellieha Fireworks Annual Concert
The 4th Edition of the Mellieha Fireworks Concert sponsored by the HARD ROCK CAFE is back . Join us on the 29th August at Gnien Ingraw Street fro a great night with the BIG BAND BROTHERS and Brooke. It all starts at 20:30 and we will end the night with a spectacular fireworks display. Food and drinks stall available at the venue. For more info, click here
WEDNESDAY 30 AUGUST
- Indian Dance Workshop with Madhavi
At Artemocion Malta, Majestic court Triq il Kbira, Il-Mellieħa, at 6 PM – 8 PM
Join Madhavi’s workshop and feel the beauty and power of the universal classical Indian dance Bharata Natyam and Bollywood Dance. Experience the intricate rhythms of the classical dance as well as the playful sensuality of Bollywood dances.
You also learn powerful hand gestures (Mudras). Movements, hand gestures and facial expressions (Abhinaya) combined, result in a joyous dance experience.
Madhavi has spent 10 years in India. She mastered the classical dance of Bharata Natyam and is also an exponent of Bollywood Dance. After this taster workshop, there will be the possibility to join regular classes and/or further workshops.
Admission: 25 Euros – for reservations call 79272378 or [email protected]