Hi Explorers, how are we?
It’s Friday, time to start thinking at your weekend, if you still didn’t do it… 😉
In Malta there will be a weekend full of events for everyone, let’s go then!
Friday 7th July 2017
- Sunscape Festival 2017 – Atlantis Calling. Welcome to the 4th Edition of Sunscape Festival – Atlantis CallingMetres away from Ramla Bay, Sunscape is the place to party, free your mind and be inspired.With over 60 local & international DJs & musicians, 4 stages and 12 unique areas, this year’s festival is set to be the most stimulating one so far. For more info, Click here PS: There will be the author Francis Aloisio at the festival, talking about the temples of Malta and the missed link with the lost city of Atlantis, clik here to know more about Francis.
- Nikita’s 10th Birthday Party
Over the past few months, the President’s Kitchen Garden was undergoing a major refurbishment of the attractions, and an introduction of new ones too. This coming Friday, 7th July 2017, the President’s Kitchen Garden shall be celebrating Nikita’s 10th Birthday Party. Nikita is the Kitchen Garden resident mare and during her birthday party on Friday, the Kitchen Garden will be relaunching following the refurbishment project. The Kitchen Garden will now feature a new multi-sensory garden, with special play panels for children with special needs. For more info, click here
- Beland Festival FRI 7th July – IRA LOSCO Live + The TravellersBulebel, Zejtun, at 8 PM – 11:59 PM
The much awaited retrun to the Live big stage with her amazing band which will be Ira Losco‘s first after her short hiatus (recording new album and giving birth to baby Harry) Guest Surpirses on the night, new single release. Also performing are the one & only The Travellers who have dominated this year’s local scene as well as The Voyage and Relikc. Don’t miss it! Free admission, for more info click here
- Nightwalk Adventure In Sigiewwi And Fawwara Hosted by Malta Treks & Explore
Siggiewi Village Square, at 8 PM – 11 PM
Night walk from sigiwwi to fawwara. Meet poin 8pm near Siggiewi church of San Nikola. 2hr 30min of easy walk. Bring your friends and dog. Pls Bring torch. Good opportunity to make good friends. For more info, Click here
- The Marsovin Summer Wine Festival 2017July 7 – July 9 Valletta, Hastings Gardens
The Marsovin Summer Wine festival is set to be a wine festival with a difference. The location alone lends itself perfectly to a walk through garden wine festival whilst enjoying the majestic views from the Valletta bastions, overlooking the Yacht Marina and Sliema harbour. The event plans to have a highly cultural and entertaining concept, by presenting a myriad of professional musicians performing daily, whilst offering a vast selection of over 30 certified D.O.K. and I.Ġ.T. quality wines from grapes grown around Malta and Gozo. For more info, click here
Saturday 8th July
- Indian Dance Workshop by Madhavi
Artemocion Dance Studio Melliha, at 11 AM – 1:30 PM
Experience the intricate rhythms of the classical dance as well as the playful sensuality of Bollywood dances. You also learn powerful hand gestures (Mudras). Movements, hand gestures and facial expressions (Abhinaya) combined, result in a joyous dance experience. For more info, click here
Sunday 9th July
- San Publju fuq Il-Gzejjer Ta’ Pawlu
St Paul’s Bay at 5pm.
On the occassion of the 1950th anniversary from the martyrdom of St Paul, Assocjazzjoni Publju ta’ Malta is organising a boat trip to the islands of St Paul on Sunday 9th July at 5pm. We will go by boat and will take with us a life-size statue of the Saint.Once there we will have mass and some free time. When we come back ashore, we will have a small procession in Bugibba with the statue, followed by the Band. The celebration will end at St Paul’s tal-Hgejjeg church, where Saint Paul allegedly lit the fire and was bit by a serpant.
Assocjazzjoni Publju ta’ Malta is an NGO whose aim is to promote the old devotion to St Publius throughout the Maltese islands. This due to the fact that with the passage of time, the Maltese no longer know who this Roman Ruler was and how he welcomed St Paul and eventually became the first bishop of Malta.
We will be boarding the boats at 5pm from St Paul’s Bay. There is a bus at 4pm leaving Floriana for those who would like to participate. At 7pm we ll be back on land. Then once we arrive we’ll have a procession with the statue till 8.30pm. Price of the ticket 10 euros, packed lunch 3 euros. For more info, please contact Stephen Camilleri at 79065040 or click here
Religious Feasts on Sunday the 9th of July
- St. Joseph, Kirkop
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Gzira
- The Annunciation, Hal-Balzan
- Our Lady of Soccorso, Kercem
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Fgura
Like and share, support Flora the Explorer!
Explore, Experience and Enjoy Malta